DURAHEEL CARBON HOOF PATCH
Strengthens hoof wall by up to 40%.
Provides the heels with protection against collapse without restricting physiological heel expansion. Designed for horses prone to low, weak heels.
Bond, using standard farriery adhesives, to the hoof wall on each side of the heel.
- Clean and dry hoof
- Check fit of support against hoof
- Cut with scissors to avoid covering clenches or coronary band
- Degrease back of support
- Apply approxiately 1mm, 1/16" adhesive to the support
- Place on hoof and cover with duct tape
- Firmly press support against hoof, squeezing out excess adhesive
- Keep the support as close to the hoof wall as possible
- Allow to set, then remove the duct tape
- Always follow the adhesive manufacturer's directions
- Adhesives: Vettec Adhere - Equilox - Imprint - Jameg - Grand Circuit - Bond & Flex - Glue U